History of Living Waters Assembly of God.


The vision started over 40 years ago when a tent revival was held. God moved mightily. Marvin Dennis, who was the evangelist {later our District Superintendent} and Paul Johnson felt God impressing them to start an Assembly of God Church in the Doe Run area. From that vision, the church was started in a store front building and later moved into a house that was converted into the church. Over the years  different pastors came to minister. When Marla and Roger Moore were pastors, the name was changed to Living Waters and the present building was erected.  In 2008, Roger and Susan Jones became pastors. Today the church has a thriving ministry, not only to the Doe Run area, but  to many age groups. All praise to our God for making this possible. 

 

Our Mission

Christ gave a commission to the church, to us as a body of believers.  

Mark 16:15 (NKJV)

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Our missions starts in our own home, community then reaching out to the world.


The General Council of the Assemblies of God (USA), one of the largest Pentecostal denominations in the United States, was organized in 1914 by a broad coalition of ministers who desired to work together to fulfill common objectives, such as sending missionaries and providing fellowship and accountability. Formed in the midst of the emerging worldwide Pentecostal revival, the Assemblies of God quickly took root in other countries and formed indigenous national organizations. The Assemblies of God (USA) is a constituent member of the World Assemblies of God Fellowship – one of the largest Pentecostal fellowships in the world.


What We Are Striving to Achieve

* To help our community in Faith, 

* Maintain integrity  in an ever changing environment

* Minister to those who are seeking spiritual help